The teacher is Mrs. Knight Jones County School District 5-6 grade reading and Language arts for 6 years Your assignment is to interview four classroom teachers, one per week for the next four weeks.
The teacher is Mrs. Knight
Jones County School District 5-6 grade reading and Language arts for 6 years
Your assignment is to interview four classroom teachers, one per week for the next four weeks. These teachers should have a minimum of five years of teaching experience and be currently teaching. Try to select teachers from a variety of grade levels, disciplines, school districts, etc. Use the following questions as a guide for your interview. Write your summary of their interview in paragraph form using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. You may add any additional information you feel is valuable that you obtain in your interviews.
1. How long have you been teaching? What grade level(s) and disciplines have you taught?
2. Did you struggle with classroom management at the beginning of your career? How long did it take you to feel comfortable with your classroom management plan/strategies?
3. How important do you think it is to establish and teach rules and procedures at the beginning of the school year?
4. Describe one classroom management strategy that you would deem successful in your classroom (either instructional or behavioral).
5. Describe one classroom management strategy that you had to rethink because it was not as successful as you would have expected (either instructional or behavioral).
6. How much time do you spend on a weekly basis planning instruction? Are you part of a PLC at your school?
7. Describe your experience with collaborative grouping in your classroom. (How often do you use this strategy, is/was it successful, what are some “pitfalls” and how do you deal with them?)
8. What is one resource that you would recommend (technology or other) to new teachers that has enhanced your classroom instruction.
9. What advice would you give to a new teacher just starting out?